Hello and welcome to Patchwork House . . . . .
my little corner of the world in England, where you will find me addicted to colour and playing with yarn!


21 June 2015

The Turquoise Blanket

A few months ago I picked out my favourite colours
 to make a blanket for me! 
Yes for me ... most of my makes are given away
 so its time to update my blanket stash here at Patchwork House
 with some of my favourite colours!

This Colour Recipe is proving to be so very popular.
If you would like to make it you will need
1 each of lipstick, spring green, fondant, 
sherbet, pomegranate, aspen, raspberry and lime.
and 4 turquoise for joining.


My making began originally with granny squares


joined with a turquoise background 
using the continuous join as you go method


This was delightful but time consuming with all the ends!


I have written 4 tutorials for your use 
and kept these squares as my teaching samples

Granny Squares
Joining from the front
Joining from the back
Continuous join as you go

You will find these all on the tutorials page.


So it was time to start again
 as I am determined to have a turquoise blanket in my life!
This time I am making a hexie blanket
using a pattern from the book Granny Squares by Sue Pinner.


I make all the middles first
then add the 2nd rounds


next I lay them out in a suitable arrangement


and join with the continuous join as you go method.


This pattern is so quick as the flowers only have 2 rounds


and the joining is so easy!


My blanket will be hexagonal with a wavy edge.
It will be a snuggle blanket for relaxing on the sofa


As you can see its already in use
 as I hook this cold June morning!

If you have been inspired by my colour recipes
 and have made blankets using them
 you may be interested in a new
 I have started. 
This is a place for my followers to show off their blankets.
 I am so excited with its popularity
 and we are seeing wonderful crochet from all around the world.
 It's quite amazing how the same colours look in different patterns
 and really inspiring to see people interpretations.

 So don't forget to join and share 
I'm so interested to see what you make with my Colour Recipes!

Wishing you all a happy hooky Sunday

Heather
X X X










7 comments:

Janet said...

Gorgeous colours, they just look so cosy.

Elsie Pop said...

I love the hexagons - and join as you go makes it slightly less intimidating! xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Have ordered the wool for this Heather, as I love your hexie blanket. Am a fairly novice crocheter and have not tried join as you go before, but hey ho, nothing ventured, nothing gained! Judith xx

Gillian said...

Lovely colour combination.

Anonymous said...

This project was timed as though you knew you would need the comfort of this blanket and the knowledge, every time you look at it, touch it, place it over your lap, that it was YOU, yes YOU, that made it, Heather. Be still and enjoy xx

Anonymous said...

Found your blog today via the Stylecraft Blogstars chat on other blogs. I came across this post of yours about the turquoise colour pack, which I bought some time ago and am now crocheting up into a ripple blanket. It's nice to know where the colour combination originated.
Best wishes,
Nicola
nicolaknits.com

Mel Harvey said...

I absolutely love this blanket which looks like loads of daisies....my favourite flower. Did you use sue pinners hexagon daisy from the bathmat pattern in her book?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...