Hello and welcome to Patchwork House . . . . .
my little corner of the world in England, where you will find me addicted to colour and playing with yarn!


26 May 2015

Joining Squares Method 1 - Crochet together from the front

Crochet together from the front tutorial
(Tutorial uses English crochet terms)

1 Arrange your squares in a suitable colour order


2 Use a contrasting colour for joining


3 Place 2 squares wrong sides together. 
These will be the right hand squares on the 1st and 2nd rows.
Attach yarn through both corner loops


4 Place hook through both of the 1st stitches 
(4 loops on hook) and make a dc


5 Continue along whole row then fasten off at the end.


6 Repeat for all rows in the same direction.
The joining stitch will form a ridge on the top of your work.


7 Turn your blanket
 and complete the rows in the opposite direction.


This is a very strong join and I like it made in a
 contrasting colour to add another dimension to the blanket.
If you have liked this Turquoise Colour Pack you can buy it

I hope you have found this tutorial helpful.

If you have enjoyed using my free tutorial
 please consider making a small donation 
via the Paypal app on my sidebar.
 This will help support my crochet journey
 and enable me to provide more free posts in future.

Many thanks
wishing you a happy hooky adventure

Heather

X X X








1 comment:

Hails said...

I am making my first Willow squares and joining 9 of them to make the front of a cushion cover - this is a very useful, clearly explained technique. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...